Tuesday, January 19, 2010

weather woes...?


Build an ark.

If I had been listening to the fine folks who forecast the weather, I would have built an ark in preparation for this week's weather starting yesterday, Monday. There are/were three huge storms, that were to bring us massive rains and massive flooding. Our first storm was supposed to hit yesterday. It was a little overcast, and there were a few light showers, but, I didn't see animals coming in two-by-two anywhere. I could have ridden, but was scared off by the weather reports. I didn't want to get caught back in a wash when a flash flood came through. Silly me, I shouldn't have listened to the weather folks on TV. This morning, the second storm was due in. But, it was sunny and wonderful at 8am, so, Suzie and I met at the San Tans to ride. We set off on a shorter route, but decided it was soooo nice to go and take a longer back-trail loop to make a ten mile ride out of it. It was super windy though, and the horses, who hadn't been out in five days, were a little fresh. Not naughty fresh, but, ears pricked forward at every little thing , and all the strange noises the wind was resonating. But it was a beautiful ride, and we figure it will be the only ride we get in until next week, because the really big storm is due in on Thursday and Friday.... It did start to cloud up by the time we got back to the trailer, and, at 6pm, as I type this, it is raining......maybe the weather folks sometimes know what they are talking about....maybe.

(the picture is of Tommy working in the San Tans..)

2 comments:

  1. boy we sure got hit didn't we? i SWEAR i heard my donkeys quacking... but a couple days of sun and we are almost dry again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea. I ended up needing to build that ark after all!!

    ReplyDelete