Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Catalina State Park

Yesterday we headed to Catalina Satate Park, which is close to Tucson. This is the ride we set off to do last week, but it was snowing, hailing, sleeting, ect over there.

I played bus driver, and after loading Santana up, I drove to Vicki;s and got her and Dakota, and then we went off to Suzie's to fetch her and Tommy.

This was Santana's longest trailer ride since I brought him down from Payson. An hour and a half, more if you count the time we spent picking up our friends.

We got to the park around 10:30. It was overcast and cool, but not cold. 55, according to my truck. We saddled up and off we went.

You will note there aren't any pictures....this is because I had my hands full with my little boy. He wasn't awful, but, he wasn't listening to me very well. I don't know if it was the long trailer ride, being in a new place, all the activity going on around us (the park was REALLY busy) the cool air or all of the above!

It was very dry there. I guess usually the washes are flowing. They were bone dry. We were expecting to do several water crossings, but, it wasn't to be. Once the snow pack melts off Mt. Lemmon, we will have to go back to play in the water.... But Santana did get to climb up and down his first real stair steps. He did very well, never missed a step. So, while his mind was NOT with me most of the ride, he never did take one bad step. And he managed to con a poor hiker out of their apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment